At Naf, our chicken kebabs are known for their complex, unique flavor – and it’s all thanks to our Jerusalem seasoning. This special Middle Eastern spice blend brings some sweet and some heat, and it’s one of our favorites. Chef Pat shows us how to make an at-home version of this Jerusalem seasoning, so watch the video and see below for the full recipe and how to season your chicken kebabs!
View this post on Instagram
The ☀️ is out and Chef Pat is spicing up some standard ol’ chicken breasts with our at-home version of Jerusalem seasoning…a special blend that brings a bit of sweet and some heat. Let us know what you’d spice up below and see the full recipe at the link in our bio! . . . . #dceatss #minneapolisfoodie #mnfoodie #bestfoodphilly #eaterphilly #chicagofoodies #chicagorestaurants #indyfood #indyfoodie #middleeasterncuisine #middleeasternfood #vegetarianfoodshare #vegetarianeats #vegetarianmeals #pitabread #chickenshawarma #hummuslover #nafnafgrill #nafon
Jerusalem Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 TBL sumac
- 1 TBL granulated garlic
- 1 TBL salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dark chili powder
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to fully blend
- Store in a suitable container until needed for service. Good for 9 months.
Try this Jerusalem seasoning on chicken breasts, roasted sweet potatoes, or baked on top of some fresh pita!
Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- Bamboo skewers (as needed)
- Water (as needed)
- 1 pound chicken breast or thigh meat
- 2.5 TBL Jerusalem seasoning
- If using bamboo skewers: bring the water to a boil and remove from heat, pour over the skewers in a suitable pan and allow to soak for 8 to 10 minutes (to sanitize and prevent splintering/burning). Metal skewers need only be sanitized before use but handle carefully, they get hot on the grill!
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch by 1 inch pieces
- Push the skewers through the chicken, giving them a little space between
- Season both sides generously with the Jerusalem seasoning
- Grill for approximately 3-4 minutes per side on a preheated grill (around 400F)